Has everyone heard the latest?
Jon and Jessica had a wonderfully lovely trip to Greece. Jon reported that they had good attendance at the meetings and that lost folks showed up. They also got to take a short cruise to several islands...I think I'm getting those details right. Pictures were great and you can email Jon for copies if you want. (I would post some but lost them in the crash....)
Our church gave Julia a surprise shower on April 11. It was great to spring it on Julia and she said she got more for this shower than the two she had with Peter combined! Lots of nice gifts for the new little boy on the way. They are already calling him "Joey", but Julia is definitely not bouncing around!
Peter had a little scare recently with a visit to the ER. The campus nurse thought that he might have appendicitis but it must have been a flu. He got off-campus and got a little break so that was a plus. He's looking forward to getting back here for the summer.
Matt & Julie had a whirlwind college tour to the south just recently. They saw Peter at Heartland who amazed yet another group of young people with his spinach consumption. They also went to Champion Bapt. College in Arkansas and Pensacola: PCC and PBI. I guess they were ready for home sweet home,man!
Ted sprained his ankle after going up for a lay up sans tennis shoes. Poor guy...it ended up to be a "lame up" in more ways than one. (his words, by the way) He's doing better now and is almost back to his regular routine.
Dad & Mom are back on the circuit-riding trail. They have a week-long meeting in PA this week and will be heading south for a short trip to various destinations in May. I've heard that a certain visitor keeps popping up and that Joanna doesn't seem surprised. I think things are still moving along in the department.
Jenn told me they are planning a "Spa for the Day" for their ladies this year. It sounds like a great idea to me: manicures, pedicures, massages, the whole nine. I'm sure there will be a great turn-out because, who can resist?
If your name hasn't shown up yet that means I haven't heard from you in a coon's age. Please skype, hello, email or call me and you can be on my list next time. I know you want to hear about yourself!
And, (drum roll, please) ladies and gentlemen, please give a standing ovation for Dad on May 10. He will be 3/4 of a century!!! We wish him many, many more quarters to come! So, Dad, enjoy your day: pick some berries, strum your guitar, lather up, run barefoot across the hills beating your chest and shouting with glee! Don't pile any rocks, no wheels turning, no pulling maintenance....just relax, because you deserve it! We're sorry we can't be with you, but you'll probably have more fun without us underfoot.
Happy Mother's Day and Happy Birthday to you, Mom! Can't forget you, can we? The recent issue with your blood pressure was a concern to all of us, so please take care of yourself. Slow down, brew a cup of hot tea, take a slurp and exhale. Then say, "Do you have any prayer requests?" in your New York accent. It just helps you feel better!
I'm wrapping it up, folks, before you think I'm sitting UNDER my rocker. For those of you outside of the asphalt jungle: get out into God's creation and soak up spring for me, OK? I'm loving the light greens and pastels in bloom, but I could take a heavier dose. Enjoy the beauty of new life!
No comments:
Post a Comment